How are we going to replace tropes if we replicate them again and again, if we perpetuate them through what we push on our social media and our dating profiles, if we proliferate the toxicity that we have been systemically marketed through media and companies that have our wallet and not our humanity at heart.
Let’s radically deconstruct the systems that have grown roots and that take hold.
As always, #letstalkaboutit
This is a disaster, right? Yes, right. But also, stop. We have an opportunity here to rise from a disaster to create a new norm.
We can rebuild from this in a way we didn’t now we were needing to rebuild. We can look inside ourselves and learn what we didn’t know we were needing to learn. We can arise out of this in a glorious way we didn’t know we were needing to rise.
We can spend our time in valuable ways that will bring new meaning to our lives after we exit this. We can:
- Reflect. Take account of our life, of our relationships, of the state of the world, of who we are and how we are and why we are. Evaluate our purpose and how we feel, re-ground in our body and in our intentions.
- Create New Habits. Take on habits that can create meaning in the here and now for us, but that can also be implemented in our life when we get out of this. For example, we can to a brief five minute meditation everyday or invest in learning an applicable skill that will help us and also perhaps help others. We can learn how to cook healthy dishes or hone that home workout routine.
- Heal Wounds. Time heals wounds, but wisdom can assist that healing. We can take this time to learn about our self healing journey through accessible books, courses and podcasts online. We can use this time to seek help and to be truthful with where our well-being is at, where we would like it to be and what we can do to get there.
- Research the Possible. What have you been missing in your life that you have told yourself you can’t have? What have you become passive to and what have you blamed that state of passivity on? Now is the time to invest in new opportunities and research how you can go about achieving what you want. Do a deep dive on the internet or talk to people you wouldn’t have otherwise talked to. Now is the time to research the possible.
- Pursue New Starts. In the pause we can use excess time on our hands to pursue that which we have put on hold again and again and again. Or, we can use our research to pursue an option we didn’t know was available. This time can spring opportunities that we didn’t even know we had the option to pursue.
This list can be complemented by your own exploration. If we use this time in a meaningful way we can rise out of this disaster stronger, smarter and more resilient.
Please drop me a line with any of your own inventive solutions during this time. How are you investing in yourself and your future? ￼
Stay safe and prosper.
Have you gone on a social media bender and regretted it? Have you been on dating apps for hours and abandoned your sense of self worth?
You are worth more than that. Your time is worth more than that.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Set clear boundaries for yourself.
2. Create actionable goals.
- Cap the amount of time you spend online by setting a timer.
- Designate a specific number of times a day you can be on particular platforms.
Set daily, weekly, and monthly goals pertaining to your use of the internet. Check up on your progress of reaching these goals along the way.
3. Establish positive grounding habits
Over time you will have more power and stability by creating positive habits for yourself.
- Experiment with new ways to ground yourself: meditation, yoga, tai chi, maybe a call home.
- Repeat this grounding habit especially when it is most difficult to repeat.