Have you gone on a social media bender and regretted it? Have you been on dating apps for hours and abandoned your sense of self worth?
You are worth more than that. Your time is worth more than that.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Set clear boundaries for yourself.
- Cap the amount of time you spend online by setting a timer.
- Designate a specific number of times a day you can be on particular platforms.
- Set daily, weekly, and monthly goals pertaining to your use of the internet. Check up on your progress of reaching these goals along the way.
3. Establish positive grounding habits
- Experiment with new ways to ground yourself: meditation, yoga, tai chi, maybe a call home.
- Repeat this grounding habit especially when it is most difficult to repeat.